Ring in New Year with these flavourful drinks
It’s time to raise a glass as we say goodbye to 2022, and welcome the year to come. And what better way to do that than with a tasty beverage in hand. Whether you’re looking for a mocktail or cocktail, we’ve got you covered.
- 3 part Champagne, or Prosecco - use sparkling juice for non alcoholic option
- 1 part grapefruit juice - substitute with orange juice or cranberry juice
- 5-10 drops Hedessent Passionfruit Flavouring - Or any fruit flavour of choice. Works really well with Mango, Strawberry, Black Currant, or Peach
- Grapefruit or orange slice - optional
- Cranberries or Pomegranate Seeds - optional
- Fill a champagne flute a third of the way with grapefruit juice. Top off with chilled Champagne or Prosecco, add in Passionfruit flavour and stir. Garnish with fresh grapefruit, and cranberries or pomegranate seeds if using. Enjoy!
- 4-6 blackberries
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 10 drops Hedessent Black Currant Flavour
- soda water - enough to fill glass
- sprig of thyme
- In cocktail sharker, muddle blackberries, and coarse sugar until berries release juices. Top with ice, lemon juice, simple syrup, and black currant flavour. Shake until cold.
- Strain into prepared glass and top with soda water. Garnish with thyme and blackberries. Give it a stir, sip and enjoy.
Make it a cocktail by adding an 1 ½ ounces of gin or vodka.
Spiced Apple Rum Yum
- 1 1/2 oz spiced rum
- 4 oz cloudy apple juice or apple cider
- 10 drops Hedessent Caramel Flavouring
- 5 drops Hedessent Cinnamon Flavouring - Available in Limited Edition Holiday Kit
- 5 drops Hedessent Gingerbread Flavouring - Available in Limited Edition Holiday Kit
- Pinch Coarse Raw Sugar
- Raw Sugar
- Cinnamon Stick
- Apple Slice
Sugar Rim (optional)
- Pour some raw sugar onto a plate. Make sure the pile is wider than the rim of the glass. The sugar should be about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch deep. Using a slice of lemon, gently rub it around the rim of the glass, making sure to completely moisten the entire rim without dampening any other part of the glass. Dip glass into sugar and twist. Make sure you dip it straight in so the rim is straight and even. Set aside.
Spiced Apple Rum
- In a shaker add spiced rum, apple juice, sugar, ice, caramel, cinnamon, and gingerbread flavours. Shake until cold. Add ice to rimmed glass. Strain drink into glass. Garnish with cinnamon stick and apple, if using, and enjoy!
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 1/2 oz Crème de Cacao
- 1/2 oz Kahlua
- 1 oz heavy cream
- 3-4 drops Hedessent Peppermint Flavouring
- Add Vodka, Crème de Cacao, Kahlua and peppermint flavouring to old fashioned glass. Fill glass with ice. Pour in one ounce of heavy cream, stir gently for the beautiful swirl effect. Sip and enjoy!
Jolly Holiday Punch
- ice cube tray
- punch bowl or pitcher
- 1 1/2 cups ginger beer (400ml), plus extra for serving
- 3 cups dry white wine (750ml)
- 1 cup Vodka
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup St. Germain Elderflower liqueur
- 1/4 tsp Hedessent Pomegranate Flavouring
- 12 drops Hedessent Ginger Flavouring - adds more depth and a fresh ginger taste, balancing the sharpness of ginger beer base
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup small orange citrus peel
- pomegranate seeds
- sliced clementines or oranges
Pomegranate and Orange Ice Cubs
- Make ice cubes approximately 4 hours ahead of time to allow for freezing: Divide pomegranate seeds and orange peel between 4 small-square ice cube trays. These can be as filled as you like. Get creative! Cover ingredients with water and freeze until solid.
Jolly Holly Punch
- Add half of your festive ice cubes to a pitcher or punch bowl. Save the rest for topping up everyone’s glass or punch bowl. Add all ingredients over ice and stir.
- Serve with extra ice and a splash of ginger beer. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and orange slices.
Sending wishes of health, and happiness the year through. Cheers and Happy New Year!
Celebrate with Flavour
Shop all Flavours