If fruity and sweet aren’t really your “drink thing,” then this Cucumber Cup Cocktail recipe is right up your alley!
It starts out light and fresh but mellows down to a more savory vibe without the “heavy” of your typical Bloody Mary or Caesar.
The agave syrup adds just a little sweet to the light taste of cucumber, emboldened by the fleshy melon of our summery Fresh Cantaloupe Flavour. Cantaloupe and cucumber are members of the same vine-crop family, which is why they make the perfect pairing. Add in a little citrus, gin, and green olives, and you’ve got the perfect after-dinner cocktail to kick your night off right!
Cucumber Cup Recipe
- Cocktail Shaker
- Benriner (Japanese mandoline)
- Y vegetable peeler
- Small mesh strainer
Cucumber Cup Mixture
- 1 English cucumber, halved, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup cup water
- 2 tbsp agave syrup or honey
- 2 oz cucumber mixture
- 1 /12 oz gin (optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 20 drops Hedessent Fresh Cantaloupe Flavour
- 2 large large green olives (optional)
- Ribbon of cucumber (optional)
- Fresh dill or thyme or rosemary, (optional)
- 2 Large olives (optional)
- In a blender, combine cucumber, water and agave syrup; whirl until smooth. Strain into a jar or container.
- For 1 cocktail, arrange a cocktail glass with a thin ribbon of cucumber or cucumber slices and fill with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, top with gin, cucumber mixture, lemon juice, Hedessent Fresh Cantaloupe Flavour and shake hard 60 times. Strain into the prepared glass and garnish with your herb of choice.