When your summer barbeque calls for something a little different… a little more FUN… try our Blackberry Smash!
It’s not JUST blackberries though. The addition of Black Currant Flavour takes this drink to a whole new level and really makes the blackberries sing. The flavour combination is bright and refreshing, with just the right amount of sweetness. The mint and lime add a tropical zest to this bourbon-based alcoholic drink, or make it a mocktail lemonade instead that the whole family can enjoy!
We guarantee this drink will be a smash at your next get-together!
Blackberry Smash Cocktail
- Cocktail Shaker
- Muddler or wooden spoon
- tall cocktail spoon for stirring
- Small mesh strainer
- 1/2 lime, quartered
- 5 Blackberries
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 10 large mint leaves or 3 thyme sprigs
- 1-1 1/2 oz bourbon
- 15-20 drops Hedessent Black Currant Flavour
- Lime slices, mint, blackberries
- Place limes, blackberries, and simple syrup in a large shaker and muddle until blackberries are jammy. Add mint and muddle until fragrant.
- Fill with ice. Top with bourbon and Hedessent Black Currant Flavour; secure the lid and vigorously shake 60 times. Strain through a mesh strainer and pour into a glass filled with ice.
- Serve with lime, mint, and blackberries.
Flavour Swap:Swap out Hedessent Black Currant Flavour for Mulberry for a slightly more fragrant-forward dark fruit. Pro Tip: Top off with soda water for a sparkling drink!