These Sweet & Spicy Goat Cheese Balls are a holiday must for all your get-togethers.
These crispy-on-the-outside, ooey-gooey-on-the-inside bites are a delicious addition to your holiday spread. Spicy and sweet complement the sharp and creamy goat cheese, offering a bold burst of flavour to start off your holiday gathering.
Sweet & Spicy Goat Cheese Balls
Goat Cheese Balls
- 3 cups canola oil, for frying
- 300 g plain goat cheese log - works well with herb goat cheese too
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
Chili Hot Honey
- 1/3 cup cup of honey
- 6 drops Hedessent Chili Hot Flavouring
- 7 drops Hedessent Garlic Flavouring
- 2 tsp chili flakes, optional
- Warm honey in a saucepan over medium heat, about 3 minutes. Stir in Chili Hot and Garlic flavours. Add in chili flakes if using. Serve warm with goat cheese balls.
- For the goat cheese balls: Prepare 3 bowls. In one bowl, mix together panko, dried parsley, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. In the second bowl, add beaten egg, and to the third bowl, add flour.
- Roll goat cheese into 24 balls. Working in batches, lightly coat cheese ball in flour, dip in egg, and coat in panko crumbs.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches of 3-4, gently add breaded cheese balls into hot oil and fry for 30-40 seconds until golden brown. Remove from oil and place onto a paper towel-lined plate.
- Transfer cheese balls to a serving dish and drizzle with 1 tbsp. of warm Chili Hot Honey. Serve with remaining honey.
Meet Heather Shaw
With a career bridging two decades as a food stylist and recipe developer, Heather Shaw combines her passion for cooking, baking, aesthetics, and media arts in everything she does. Her skills range from creating enticing recipes to artfully styling food and drinks for photography, film, and more.
Heather is very active in her collaborations with artists, colleagues, and other industry professionals. Her adaptability and food knowledge come through in all she creates, and we are thrilled to share her work with you. Her ability to come up with fun versatile recipes is key to helping our customers understand how they can easily elevate their everyday dishes with our line of food flavours. We know that you will enjoy the dishes Heather creates as much as we enjoy sharing them with you!
Follow along with Heather’s creations on Instagram @FoodbyHeather