This Spiced Apple Compound Butter is the perfect addition to toast, seasonal baked goods or as the main star on a trendy butter board!
This Spiced Apple Compound Butter is the perfect addition to toast, seasonal baked goods, or as the main star on a beautiful butter board!
Spiced Apple Compound Butter
- Stand Mixer with Paddle attachment
- 1 lb unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 20 drops Hedessent Apple Flavour
- 15 drops Hedessent Clove Flavour
- 15 drops Hedessent Ginger Flavour
- 10 drops Hedessent Classic Vanilla Flavour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Honey
- 3/4 tsp Salt - omit if butter is salted
- Add the butter to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add all the flavouring drops and mix to combine.
- Add the honey and salt and mix to combine. Enjoy!
Inspired by Chef Joshua McFadden and the butter board trend that has taken over TikTok – we recommend using a marble board, it’s easier to clean 😉 – we wanted to show you how you can take this simply delicious recipe one step further and create a beautiful “spread.”
Spiced Apple Compound Butter Board
- Spiced Apple Compound Butter - you will need enough to fill your board
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 10 thin slices of apple optional
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces optional
- 1 tbsp finely sliced sage optional
- To arrange the board, first spread the compound butter evenly across the board.
- Drizzle on the honey, press in the apple slices, and sprinkle on the walnut pieces and sage.
- Serve with apple slices and your favourite bread. Enjoy!
Meet Autumn Ongaro
Autumn is a food photographer, recipe developer, food educator, and gardener. She conjures divine dishes using the bounty of fresh, seasonal ingredients as her inspiration. Autumn’s recipes are flavour forward, approachable and aim to inspire connection to each ingredient. Her newly published book FEAD: A Taste of Home in Norfolk County carries you through the four seasons as she shares the histories of local farms and transforms their beautiful crops into approachable dishes. You can follow along with her delicious adventures on Instagram @evolvingautumn.