Chia seeds are known for being high in fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants.
Paired with yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit, our Strawberry Chia Jam recipe will start your morning off right.
Our Strawberry Flavour brings in the sweetness of a fresh, ripe strawberry, so no matter the season, you always get the taste of a perfectly sun-ripened strawberry.
Hedessent’s Orange Triple Sec Flavour adds in a burst of fruity citrus and is the perfect companion to Strawberry. Orange and strawberry are natural flavour pairings commonly found in classic desserts, and this jam is no exception. The Orange Triple Sec adds a unique liqueur twist to this traditional flavour combo and makes the whole dish very special.
- 1 Medium Pot
- Potato Masher
- Paring Knife
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 3 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or honey divided
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 25 drops Hedessent Strawberry Flavour
- 1/4 tsp Hedessent Orange Triple Sec Flavour
- In a medium saucepan, stir together strawberries and 2 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup over medium heat, stirring until strawberries soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in chia seeds and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, mashing berries with a potato masher until thickened, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 1 tbsp maple syrup and lemon juice. Let cool slightly. Stir in Strawberry flavour and Orange Triple Sec flavour.