Make some room at your table for this Harvest Salad featuring some of the season’s best flavours.
This stunning salad includes apple, ginger, and sweet potato. It is wholesome, colourful and is sure to be a crowd favourite especially when paired with this tangy Apple Cider and Ginger vinaigrette.
Harvest Salad with Apple Cider & Ginger Vinaigrette
Apple Cider & Ginger Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 15 drops Hedessent Apple Cider Flavour
- 12 drops Hedessent Ginger Flavour
- 4 cups spring mix lettuce
- 1 cup cooked quinoa - cooled
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato cubes - cooled
- 1 small red delicious apple - thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Layer the salad ingredients onto your serving plate and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Toss and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Meet Autumn Ongaro
Autumn is a food photographer, recipe developer, food educator, and gardener. She conjures divine dishes using the bounty of fresh, seasonal ingredients as her inspiration. Autumn’s recipes are flavour forward, approachable and aim to inspire connection to each ingredient. Her newly published book FEAD: A Taste of Home in Norfolk County carries you through the four seasons as she shares the histories of local farms and transforms their beautiful crops into approachable dishes. You can follow along with her delicious adventures on Instagram @evolvingautumn.