It’s no surprise the world’s most popular dressing is Ranch.
There’s something soothing and comforting in all that smooth, creamy, tangy goodness. But have you ever gone to the store looking for that perfect bottled Ranch dressing – you know, the easy kind you don’t have to make yourself – and end up disappointed? Yeah. Us too.
Nothing beats homemade. So if you’re going to have to make it yourself anyway, why settle for something out of a packet?
We are so excited to share with you our own take on the traditional fan fave. This Ranch Inspired recipe is a fun new twist on the every-day condiment, while still holding true to all the things you love and expect from a good Ranch. But it’s a little zestier. A little tangier. That something extra you never knew you were missing.
This recipe features four Hedessent flavours:
Our Gorgonzola Flavour is the perfect happy compromise to blue cheese – the same depth of flavour without the blue or crumbles.
Because every Ranch should have a smooth and creamy texture, our Fried Onion Flavour is the perfect addition – all the flavour with none of the tears or bite.
And similarly, our Garlic Flavour adds all of the aromatics while skipping the sticky fingers from raw garlic cloves, or the grit from powdered garlic. Liquid flavouring means no dicing, no cooking, no crunchy bits… but even better – a lot of time saved.
Check it out
Ranch Inspired Dressing or Dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 90 drops Hedessent Gorgonzola Flavour
- 40 drops Hedessent Fried Onion Flavour
- 15 drops Hedessent Mustard Flavour
- 5 drops Hedessent Garlic Flavour
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped chives or green onions
- Pinch Salt and pepper
For Wedge Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2-3 strips bacon crumbled
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, and buttermilk. Add the Gorgonzola, Onion, Mustard and Garlic flavouring and stir to combine. Stir in parsley, chives, salt and pepper. Cover and chill.
- To serve on a wedge salad, halve lettuce and cut it into wedges or thick rounds. Spoon over the dressing and sprinkle with fresh pepper and bacon.