When the “Everything Bagel” came out, it took the world by storm. Not long after, the seasoning with the same name hit market shelves, and again the world went crazy. What we offer you is a twist, so that any bagel can be everything.
This recipe will help you recreate that amazing flavour anytime by simply mixing our Fried Onion and Garlic flavours into cream cheese. Hedessent’s Fried Onion Flavour provides that deep-fried flavour without ever having to fry an onion. It’s all the goodness with none of the fat and oil or lingering fried onion smell in your home.
Onion and garlic were meant to be besties, and so they are in this amazingly savory combo.
In this recipe, we made it a full sandwich, adding some smoked salmon and other fun fixins, but believe us when we tell you – it’s not necessary to dress it up; the cream cheese is THAT GOOD!
Everything Bagel Cream Cheese
Servings 4 people
Everything Bagel Cream Cheese Ingredients
- 2 sesame seed bagels (not Montreal style)
- 4 oz plain cream cheese, softened (1/2 brick)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 pinch flaked salt or kosher salt
- 20 drops Hedessent Fried Onion Flavour
- 10-15 drops Hedessent Garlic Flavour
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbps dill fronds (optional)
Optional Fixings to Make Mom a Sandwich
- 1 English cucumber, shaved into ribbons (optional)
- 1 Lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 slices smoked salmon (optional)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Dill (optional)
- 3-5 capers (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and salt. Using the back of a spoon, press and stir ingredients until combined. Add Hedessent Fried Onion flavour, Hedessent Garlic flavour, and dill. Press and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Split and toast bagels. Spread cream cheese mixture over one half and top with smoked salmon, cucumber ribbons, red onion, and capers, if using. Serve with lemon.