Spice up your holiday with this Spiked Gingerbread Eggnog!
This festive hot toddy checks all the boxes – it’s smooth, creamy, and oh-so inviting on those cold winter nights, with a little added “holiday cheer.”
Spiked Gingerbread Eggnog
- 2 cups milk of choice - almond, coconut, oat, or whole milk
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 10 drops Hedessent Eggnog Flavouring - available in Limited Edition Holiday Kit
- 6 drops Hedessent Gingerbread Flavouring - available in Limited Edition Holiday Kit
- 5 drops Hedessent Cinnamon Flavouring - available in Limited Edition Holiday Kit
- 2 oz dark rum, divided
- Fresh grated cinnamon
- 2 skewers with candied ginger
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, add milk, cane sugar, Eggnog, Gingerbread, and Cinnamon flavourings. Whisk continuously until milk is hot and frothy, about 5 minutes.
- Pour rum into two mugs, followed by hot gingerbread eggnog. Sprinkle fresh cinnamon over foam and serve with a skewer of candied ginger, if using.
Choose one of the dairy alternatives listed to keep your drink vegan. Pro Tip #2:
For a family-friendly option, leave out the rum.
Meet Heather Shaw
With a career bridging two decades as a food stylist and recipe developer, Heather Shaw combines her passion for cooking, baking, aesthetics, and media arts in everything she does. Her skills range from creating enticing recipes to artfully styling food and drinks for photography, film, and more.
Heather is very active in her collaborations with artists, colleagues, and other industry professionals. Her adaptability and food knowledge come through in all she creates, and we are thrilled to share her work with you. Her ability to come up with fun versatile recipes is key to helping our customers understand how they can easily elevate their everyday dishes with our line of food flavours. We know that you will enjoy the dishes Heather creates as much as we enjoy sharing them with you!
Follow along with Heather’s creations on Instagram @FoodbyHeather