Get all the flavour you love, with none of the things you don’t.
Our Air Fryer Tofu recipe is an amazing, nutrient-rich source of protein and a delicious alternative to meat that everyone – vegan or not – will enjoy!
Our Roasted Chicken Flavour adds all the savory depth of poultry while sparing our fine, feathered friends. The Fried Onion Flavour imparts the authentic taste and aromatics of a deep-fry but skips out on all the fat and extra calories. Add a little Chili Hot Flavour for a kick, and pair with our Vegan Mayo as a creamy, zesty dip! Together, you’ve got the perfect healthy and crunchy snack to satisfy any craving – guilt-free!
Air Fryer Tofu
- Air Fryer
- 1 pkg extra-firm tofu or firm tofu, drained
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Hedessent Roasted Chicken Flavour approx. 75 drops
- 1/2 tsp Hedessent Fried Onion Flavour
- 15-18 drops Hedessent Chili Hot Flavour
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Halve tofu horizontally to create two halves like a book; place flat and double wrap in a kitchen towel or paper towels, and place a cast-iron skillet or a large plate with canned tomatoes on top. Let sit 15 to 20 minutes to absorb excess water.
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together soy sauce, oil, Hedessent Chicken flavour, Hedessent Fried Onion flavour, Hedessent Chili Hot flavour, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Cut the tofu into cubes. Add to the bowl and gently toss to coat; let marinate for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cornstarch, tossing to coat.
- Arrange tofu in air fryer basket in a single layer, leaving space in between without overcrowding the basket. Air fry until golden brown and crispy, 11 to 14 minutes, shaking the basket and flipping halfway.
- Immediately sprinkle with more salt and pepper and serve with vegan mayo. Repeat with remaining tofu.
Going gluten-free? Toss with tamari instead of soy sauce. Pro Tip #2:
Refrigerate for up to 3 days in a container and re-crisp in air fryer for 3 to 5 minutes.