Packed with a colourful array of vegetables and rich Hedessent flavours, this soup is not only delicious but also incredibly easy to make.
Whether you’re in need of a quick weeknight dinner or a wholesome meal to share with friends and family, this soup will become a go-to favourite in your kitchen. So, grab your apron and get ready to whip up a pot of this flavourfully nutritious soup that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Veggie Orzo Soup
- 2.5 L vegetable broth
- 454 g orzo pasta (approximately 1lb)
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 cup white onion, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, large diced
- 1 cup green zucchini, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Hedessent Roasted Chicken
- 1/4 tsp Hedessent Mushroom Porcino
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 5-7 drops Hedessent Chili Hot
- Heat large pot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and stir in onion, carrots, and celery, until sweating.
- Stir in red bell pepper and green zucchini. Heat and stir for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer for 15 - 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Hedessent Roasted Chicken and Mushroom Porcino.
- While soup is simmering, bring a medium pot of water to a boil, season with salt. Add in orzo pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.