Cooler weather is on the way, so pull out your sweaters and make hot chocolate! In under 10 minutes, you can indulge in comfort and nostalgia with a cup of decadent hot cocoa.
Everything about this recipe is homemade, so any of your favourite flavours can be used. We used hazelnut and caramel for this one, but feel free to mix it up and make your own perfect cup with this easy and versatile recipe!
Hazelnut blends with cocoa for a smooth, nutty chocolate, topped with a light and delicious caramel whipped cream. The flavours are classic and taste just like the fall season should. Try our Coffee Lovers Kit for more inspired flavours to make every cup of cocoa or coffee a barista-style experience!
Hazelnut Hot Cocoa
- 2 cups milk, half-and-half, or dairy alternative
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp raw sugar (adjust to taste)
- 25 drops Hedessent Hazelnut Flavour Drops
- Pinch salt
Whipped Cream (Optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream (35% cream)
- 1 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- 10 drops Hedessent Caramel Flavour Drops
- Whisk heavy cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until frothy. Add confectioners' sugar and Caramel drops; continue to beat until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Whisk together the cocoa, sugar, salt, and about ¼ cup of milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until cocoa and sugar are dissolved.
- Whisk in the rest of the milk and heat it over medium heat, whisking occasionally until hot.
- Stir in the Hazelnut and pour into mugs. Top with whipped cream.