Whether you are making coffee jelly, iced coffee or a hot cup-o-java, this recipe is a perfect way to learn how to easily make your own flavoured coffees and creamers with our line of food flavours. Check it out!
Coffee Jellies + Flavoured Coffee
Servings 2 people
- 1 pkg powdered gelatin (2 ¼ tsp)
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 25 drops Hedessent Classic Vanilla Flavour
- 25 drops Hedessent Caramel Flavour
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar if you prefer your coffee unsweetened don't add sugar
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
Flavoured Whipped Cream
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tsp icing sugar Confectioners' Sugar
- 20 drops Hedessent Vanilla Ice Cream Flavour
Flavoured Sweetened Dairy
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 15 drops Hedessent Classic Vanilla Flavour or flavour of choice
- 15 drops Hedessent Coffee Espresso Flavour or flavour of choice
- Dissolve gelatin in a small bowl with 2 tbsp cold water; let stand until bloomed, about 3 minutes.
- In a heatproof measuring cup or bowl, stir boiling water with sugar and instant coffee until dissolved. Stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved; transfer into a square or rectangle container; let cool slightly. Stir in Hedessent Vanilla Flavour and Hedessent Caramel Flavour. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Cut into cubes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat whipping cream, icing sugar, and Hedessent Vanilla Ice Cream flavour in a bowl until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. Refrigerate.
- In a heatproof measuring cup or bowl, stir boiling water, sugar, and instant coffee until dissolved. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir condensed milk, half and half, Hedessent Classic Vanilla flavour, and Hedessent Coffee Espresso flavour.
To make the drink:
- Fill a tall glass with half of the coffee and top with half of the sweetened dairy. Alternate adding ice with ½ cup of coffee jellies. Garnish with more jellies if desired and a spoonful of whipping cream mixture. Serve with a tall spoon.
Pro Tip: For an extra fancy presentation, alternate adding ice and then jellies to your glass. Add coffee until glass is 1/4 - 1/2 full. Top with the rest of the sweetened dairy to watch the beautiful cascade as the sweetened dairy mixes with the coffee. Garnish with more jellies if desired and a spoonful of whipping cream mixture. Flavour Tip: This recipe makes a delicious dessert iced coffee. However, you can easily skip the jellies, and the iced coffee and just use the directions to easily make your own flavoured whipped cream or your own flavoured creamers. Have fun with it!