Looking for an easy way to use your ripe bananas without heating up your kitchen? Look no further, as this Mango Coconut Nice Cream is made with bananas!
Smooth and creamy, just like soft-serve ice cream, but made with a base of bananas for a delicious, nutritious, gluten-free, and vegan treat. Our flavours take this “nice cream” from good to great, transporting you to a tropical island with fresh flavours of mango and coconut. Such a tasty way to beat the summer heat!
Mango Coconut Nice Cream Recipe
- 4 medium-sized, very ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 40 drops Hedessent Mango Flavouring
- 25 drops Hedessent Coconut Flavouring
- milk of choice for blending
- Pinch salt
- Place all ingredients (minus milk) into the food processor. Blend for about one minute, or until the frozen bananas have become smooth and creamy, like the texture of soft-serve ice cream.
- If the mixture is difficult to blend, add milk, 1 tbsp at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Add to serving bowls and top with coconut chips (optional). Best enjoyed when fresh, but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the freezer for up to one month. Let it thaw and soften for 10 minutes before serving.
Meet Autumn Ongaro
Autumn is a food photographer, recipe developer, food educator, and gardener. She conjures divine dishes using the bounty of fresh, seasonal ingredients as her inspiration. Autumn’s recipes are flavour forward, approachable and aim to inspire connection to each ingredient. Her newly published book FEAD: A Taste of Home in Norfolk County carries you through the four seasons as she shares the histories of local farms and transforms their beautiful crops into approachable dishes. You can follow along with her delicious adventures on Instagram @evolvingautumn.