Let’s face it – as the weather warms up, we’d all rather be sailing on the ocean, heading to some exotic island to bask on a beach under a palm tree and dig our toes into the sand. But reality usually has other plans…
So grab some flavours and bring the taste of the Caribbean to your backyard with our Piña Colada Popsicles!
We use our Kenyan Pineapple Flavour to maintain the brightness of all the juicy, pulpy goodness of fresh pineapple, since fresh fruit flavours will dull when frozen. The addition of the fresh pineapple in this recipe gives this tropical popsicle that great yellow colour and also adds in some wonderful texture. Our Coconut Flavour is every bit the tropical oasis it is meant to inspire and infuses all the essence of the isle with none of the expense of travel. Together, you have a party on a stick that everyone will love, with or without alcohol – no cruise ship required!
Piña Colada Popsicles
- Popsicle Molds
- Popsicle Sticks
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup 2% greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice
- 25-30 drops Hedessent Coconut Flavour
- 18-20 drops Hedessent Kenyan Pineapple Flavour
- 2 oz rum optional
- Combine pineapple, yogurt, sugar, lime juice, rum (if using), Coconut flavour, Kenyan Pineapple flavour, and salt in a blender. Purée until smooth.
- Pour and divide into popsicle molds, leaving some space on the top for the liquid mixture to expand. Cover with a lid if available and insert sticks.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight for best results. To remove, leave at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes or run under warm water to remove pops from molds.