This buttercream frosting recipe will ensure you get the icing flavour you want.
You don’t need to be an experienced baker to whip up your own buttercream frosting, and this simple recipe will quickly become your go-to – especially for occasions like halloween, or any other holiday. With our food flavouring line, your flavour options are endless, so get creative and have fun.
Not a lot of experience decorating? Not a problem! The flavour of your buttercream will speak for itself. But if you are keen on adding some flare – keep it simple. Add some food colouring, sprinkles, or candy corn for garnish and turn this frosting into a “Boo”-tiful treat!
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- 1 cup unsalted butter - softened
- 3-3 1/2 cups icing sugar - sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Hedessent Flavour of choice - Team faves: Candied Peach, Strawberry Swirl, Apple Pie, Vanilla Cookie, Vanilla Bourbon, Blue Freeze
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Gradually beat in icing sugar on low speed, scraping bottom and side of bowl. Beat in salt. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Beat in milk or cream and beat for 1-2 minutes more. Stir in Hedessent flavour of choice.