Make this Mother’s Day magical with these recipes created to help start off this special day in a flavourful way!
From a fancy twist on her favourite morning beverage to a decadent breakfast in bed, start her day off right with some gourmet pampering and the first of many ways to say, “I love you, Mom.”
What could be better than breakfast in bed? A delicious and nutritious breakfast in bed! Chia seeds are known for being high in fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants. Paired with yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit, our Strawberry and Orange Triple Sec Chia Jam will ensure mom’s day starts off just right. Orange and strawberry are natural flavour pairings commonly found in classic desserts, and this jam is no exception.
The Strawberry Flavour brings in the sweetness of a fresh, ripe strawberry, so no matter the season, you always get the taste of a perfectly sun-ripened strawberry.
And the Orange Triple Sec Flavour brings a burst of fruity citrus and adds a unique liqueur twist to this traditional flavour combo, making the whole dish very special – just like mom!
- 1 Medium Pot
- Potato Masher
- Paring Knife
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 3 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or honey divided
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 25 drops Hedessent Strawberry Flavour
- 1/4 tsp Hedessent Orange Triple Sec Flavour
- In a medium saucepan, stir together strawberries and 2 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup over medium heat, stirring until strawberries soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in chia seeds and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, mashing berries with a potato masher until thickened, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 1 tbsp maple syrup and lemon juice. Let cool slightly. Stir in Strawberry flavour and Orange Triple Sec flavour.
BUT WAIT… there’s more!
Some moms may prefer a more savory start to their morning, or maybe she wants both! It’s Mother’s Day, so prepare a spread with a little bit of everything!
When the “Everything Bagel” came out, it took the world by storm. Not long after, the seasoning with the same name hit market shelves, and again the world went crazy. What we offer you is a twist, so that any bagel can be everything. For this recipe, we made it a full sandwich, adding some smoked salmon and other fun fixins. Although it’s not necessary to dress it up, because this cream cheese is just THAT GOOD, we wanted to give Mom a little bit more.
Everything Bagel Cream Cheese
Everything Bagel Cream Cheese Ingredients
- 2 sesame seed bagels (not Montreal style)
- 4 oz plain cream cheese, softened (1/2 brick)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 pinch flaked salt or kosher salt
- 20 drops Hedessent Fried Onion Flavour
- 10-15 drops Hedessent Garlic Flavour
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbps dill fronds (optional)
Optional Fixings to Make Mom a Sandwich
- 1 English cucumber, shaved into ribbons (optional)
- 1 Lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 slices smoked salmon (optional)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Dill (optional)
- 3-5 capers (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and salt. Using the back of a spoon, press and stir ingredients until combined. Add Hedessent Fried Onion flavour, Hedessent Garlic flavour, and dill. Press and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Split and toast bagels. Spread cream cheese mixture over one half and top with smoked salmon, cucumber ribbons, red onion, and capers, if using. Serve with lemon.
And to finish off this flavourful start to Mom’s Day, we couldn’t miss the chance to give the sweetest mom in the world a little something sweet of her own.
This delicious dessert coffee drink is packed full of flavour and is a beautiful way to help kick her day off right!
Coffee Jellies + Flavoured Coffee
- 1 pkg powdered gelatin (2 ¼ tsp)
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 25 drops Hedessent Classic Vanilla Flavour
- 25 drops Hedessent Caramel Flavour
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar if you prefer your coffee unsweetened don't add sugar
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
Flavoured Whipped Cream
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tsp icing sugar Confectioners' Sugar
- 20 drops Hedessent Vanilla Ice Cream Flavour
Flavoured Sweetened Dairy
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 15 drops Hedessent Classic Vanilla Flavour or flavour of choice
- 15 drops Hedessent Coffee Espresso Flavour or flavour of choice
- Dissolve gelatin in a small bowl with 2 tbsp cold water; let stand until bloomed, about 3 minutes.
- In a heatproof measuring cup or bowl, stir boiling water with sugar and instant coffee until dissolved. Stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved; transfer into a square or rectangle container; let cool slightly. Stir in Hedessent Vanilla Flavour and Hedessent Caramel Flavour. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Cut into cubes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat whipping cream, icing sugar, and Hedessent Vanilla Ice Cream flavour in a bowl until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. Refrigerate.
- In a heatproof measuring cup or bowl, stir boiling water, sugar, and instant coffee until dissolved. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir condensed milk, half and half, Hedessent Classic Vanilla flavour, and Hedessent Coffee Espresso flavour.
To make the drink:
- Fill a tall glass with half of the coffee and top with half of the sweetened dairy. Alternate adding ice with ½ cup of coffee jellies. Garnish with more jellies if desired and a spoonful of whipping cream mixture. Serve with a tall spoon.
2 thoughts on “3 Recipes to Kick off Mother’s Day in a Flavourful Way!”
Delicious! I used a vegan pectin for the coffee jellies and they turned out great!
That’s fantastic! Thanks for sharing Steve!